Award- Winning Vistage Speaker “Antarctic Mike” Pierce’s program, Leading at 90 Below Zero, (also the name of one his books) will showcase the principles and drivers that enabled Shackleton and his men to not only survive but thrive under terrible conditions of adversity, sudden and unexpected change and many other factors that threatened their success.
In August of 1914, Ernest Shackleton led a group of 27 men on the greatest journey ever undertaken by mankind when he launched the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition. Their mission was to cross the entire Antarctic continent on foot, a feat no one had ever dared or done. They became stranded, shipwrecked and fought for their lives in the middle of the harshest conditions on earth; amazingly, all 27 men returned home safely, due in part to Schackleton’s great leadership.
In today’s world, Vistage members face similar conditions as those in the Antarctic 100 years ago such as:
- Dealing with obstacles beyond your control
- Sudden and unexpected change
- Creating teams and cultures that work well under pressure
- Leading and engaging people while facing difficult and challenging assignments
Here are some examples of what CEOs like you can implement in your organization immediately:
- Engage employees in higher levels of work and productivity
- Resolve conflict in a healthy manner
- Strengthen employees self-confidence and sense of discipline
- Enable people to leverage their talents to their full potential in their respective roles in the organization
- Build and maintain a strong sales force
Reserve your seat at the table today!