Many experts recommend taking at least 10,000 steps daily to remain physically healthy; the equivalent for mental fitness is doing 100 Positive Intelligence (PQ) reps daily. To develop your biceps, you would do reps with a dumbbell repeatedly. The PQ Brain equivalent of lifting a dumbbell is very simple: shift your attention as much as possible to your body and any of your five senses for at least 10 seconds. This is a PQ Rep, just like the reps you do in a gym.
Ten PQ Techniques You Can Do With Your Eyes Open
- Rub your finger and thumb together.
- Wiggle your toes.
- Put your hand on your heart & feel your heartbeat.
- Place your hand on your stomach and feel it rising and falling.
- While walking, feel your feet on every step.
- When eating, stop and really taste every bite.
- Breathe deeply; inhale through your nose for five seconds, then exhale for five seconds.
- While showering, feel the hot water.
- Listen to a sound with focus.
- While sitting, feel your seat on the chair.
If you are going to an important meeting, giving a sales presentation, or preparing for a negotiation, in moments of tension or preparation, PQ reps are excellent tools to calm your mental chatter and achieve extraordinary results.