Mark is a retired CEO who has founded several successful companies. One became the 58th fastest growing company in the state (sold in 2005). Another, a high-tech Internet startup raised $20 million. He brings a 35-year history as an accomplished corporate executive, leader, and CEO.
Vistage NYC Master Chair
Mark runs five “think tanks” consisting of top-notch CEO’s and key executives in Manhattan for Vistage International. All Vistage group leaders referred to as “Vistage Chairs,” are selected because they possess a passion for helping others, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and vast business experience. Mark has the Master Chair designation which is only awarded to the most exemplary Vistage Chairs (ranked internationally). In fact, Mark has been ranked in the top 20 of all chairs every month in recent years. He is the recipient of the coveted STAR award for exceptional chairs.
After 19 profitable years as a CEO, 12 years as a Fortune 500 corporate executive, successfully raising money for an internet startup, plus the requisite failed startup that rounds out my experience, you could say that business is my life. I have dedicated the last 40 years to studying leadership and the last twelve working with leaders committed to becoming better leaders. Through thousands of hours of face to face meetings with CEOs and company presidents, I am convinced that it can be different. We, as leaders, managers, and change agents, can create workplaces where people can flourish. We can be better leaders. We can make a difference. We can make this a better world. As a facilitator of five Vistage groups, I work with small groups of Manhattan CEOs and leaders in a proven process to help them discover new perspectives, fresh ideas, and actions to resolve their challenges and leverage opportunities.
Mark also works with the Stanford Graduate School of Business facilitating the Vistage Executive Leadership Program.
- Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science (Management & Computers), William James College
- Certificate in Organizational Coaching, George Mason University
- Certificate in Coaching for Personal and Professional Mastery, Newfield Network
- Trained and certified by the authors in teaching the tools and models of Tribal Leadership
- Master of Leadership Arts and Sciences, The Thayer Institute
- Leadership Circle Certified Level II & Level II
- Certified Positive Intelligence Coach
Additional Professional Background
- Co-founder, Board Member, & Chief Logistics Officer of a high technology startup that innovated a groundbreaking website for online shipping. Helped raise $20 million and went public in 2007.
- Founder & CEO of TAYLOR Systems Engineering Corporation; achieved profitability every year for 16 years; recognized as the 58th fastest growing company in Michigan. Sold in 2005.
- 13 years of sales & sales management with Pitney Bowes; ranked in the top 5% in both sales & management for 6 years.
- Founded the TAYLOR Fire Protection Company at the age of 21.
- Authored the only book on shipping technology, Computerized Shipping Systems: Increasing Profit & Productivity through Technology
- Author of over 100 articles; writer of the monthly column, Mastering Management.
- Ranked as a top speaker at industry conferences, including the National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment, PARCEL Forum, Council of Logistics Management, National Postal Forum & MAILCOM.