Mark is a retired CEO who has founded several successful companies. One became the 58th fastest-growing company in the state (sold in 2005). Another, a high-tech Internet startup raised $20 million. He brings a 35-year history as an accomplished corporate executive, leader, and CEO.
Vistage NYC Master Chair, Best Practice Chair
Mark runs eight “think tanks” consisting of top-notch CEOs and key executives in Manhattan for Vistage International. All Vistage group leaders, referred to as “Vistage Chairs,” are selected because they possess a passion for helping others, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and vast business experience. Mark has the Master Chair designation only awarded to the most exemplary Vistage Chairs (ranked internationally). In fact, Mark has been ranked in the top 20 of all chairs every month for the past eight years in a row. He is the recipient of the coveted STAR award for exceptional chairs.
In 2016, Mark was honored to receive the Vistage Pat Hyndman Award, given to the Vistage Chair, who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in service of Vistage and given unselfish and immeasurable service.”
In 2021, Mark was honored again to receive the Robert Nourse Chair of the Year for the Chair, who has excelled at providing exceptional value to the entire Vistage community.
In 2022, he received the highest honor given to a Vistage Chair, the Vistage Cope Award, given to the Chair who has made the greatest lasting contribution to the Vistage mission and values in word and deed. Mark is among just 35 Chairs worldwide to receive this honor and the first chair in Vistage history to receive all three legacy awards.
“After 19 profitable years as a CEO, 12 years as a Fortune 500 corporate executive, successfully raising money for an internet startup, plus the requisite failed startup that rounds out my experience, you could say that business is my life. I have dedicated the last 40 years to studying leadership and the last fifteen working with leaders committed to becoming better leaders. Through thousands of hours of face to face meetings with CEOs and company presidents, I am convinced that it can be different. We, as leaders, managers, and change agents, can create workplaces where people can flourish. We can be better leaders. We can make a difference. We can make this a better world. As a facilitator of eight Vistage groups, I work with groups of Manhattan CEOs and leaders in a proven process to help them discover new perspectives, fresh ideas, and actions to resolve their challenges and leverage opportunities.”
- Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science (Management & Computers), William James College
- Certificate in Organizational Coaching, George Mason University
- Certificate in Coaching for Personal and Professional Mastery, Newfield Network
- Trained and certified by the authors in teaching the tools and models of Tribal Leadership
- Master of Leadership Arts and Sciences, The Thayer Institute
- Leadership Circle Certified Level II & Level II
- Certified Positive Intelligence Coach
Additional Professional Background
- Co-founder, Board Member, & Chief Logistics Officer of a high technology startup that innovated a groundbreaking website for online shipping. Helped raise $20 million and went public in 2007.
- Founder & CEO of TAYLOR Systems Engineering Corporation; achieved profitability every year for 16 years; recognized as the 58th fastest growing company in Michigan. Sold in 2005.
- 13 years of sales & sales management with Pitney Bowes; ranked in the top 5% in both sales & management for 6 years.
- Founded the TAYLOR Fire Protection Company at the age of 21.
- Authored the only book on shipping technology, Computerized Shipping Systems: Increasing Profit & Productivity through Technology
- Author of over 100 articles; writer of the monthly column, Mastering Management.
- Ranked as a top speaker at industry conferences, including the National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment, PARCEL Forum, Council of Logistics Management, National Postal Forum & MAILCOM.