A results-oriented executive with a 35-year history as an accomplished CEO and corporate manager, Mark’s extensive leadership and operational experience offers a diversity of relevant business building skills and perspective to Chief Executives and business owners.
A former Vistage member for 11 years, he is a retired CEO that founded several companies: TSE became the 58th fastest growing company in the State (which he sold in 2005) and RedRoller, a high tech internet startup that raised $20 million & went public in 2007.
Mark holds a Bachelor in Science degree from William James College in Management and Computers and a MBA from the University of Phoenix. He is a graduate of the Coaching and Organizational Learning Program through George Mason University and is a certified coach.
Mark is a senior trainer for the CultureSync Leadership Academy and teaches the Tribal Leadership Intensive—a 12 week leadership training program offered to the public. As a certified national speaker with Vistage International and TEC Canada, his workshop on Tribal Leadership has been ranked one of the best in the country.
His presentation, entitled, Tribal Leadership: because Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast, is highly interactive. Tribes can make or break your organization’s success. Tribes operate at different cultural stages, which can positively or negativelyimpact your results as an organization. Effective tribes perform at rates 3 to 5 times greater than ineffective tribes.
* Chair, Vistage International, a think tank for business owners & CEOs in Manhattan for making better decisions, becoming better leaders, & getting better results.
* Co-founder, Board Member, & Chief Logistics Officer of a high technology startup that innovated a ground breaking website for online shipping. Helped raise $20 million and went public in 2007.
* Founder & CEO of TAYLOR Systems Engineering Corporation; achieved profitability every year for 16 years; recognized as the 58th fastest growing company in Michigan. Sold in 2005.
* 13 years of sales & sales management with Pitney Bowes; ranked in the top 5% in both sales & management for 6 years.
* Founded the TAYLOR Fire Protection Company at the age of 21.
* Authored the only book on shipping technology, Computerized Shipping Systems: Increasing Profit & Productivity through Technology
* Author of over 100 articles; writer of the monthly column, Mastering Management.
* Ranked as a top speaker at industry conferences, including the National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment, PARCEL Forum, Council of Logistics Management, National Postal Forum & MAILCOM.
* Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix
* Bachelor of Science (Management & Computers), William James College
* Certificate in Organizational Coaching, George Mason University
* Certificate in Coaching for Personal and Professional Mastery, Newfield Network
* Trained and certified by the authors in teaching the tools and models of Tribal Leadership
Boards & Organizations
* Vistage member for 11 years; doubled revenue & quadrupled profit after joining.
* Former Board Member of RedRoller, Inc. (RROL)
* Honored as a Distinguished Logistics Professional by the American Society of Transportation & Logistics in recognition of career-long contributions to the field of logistics.